Thanks so much for joining OrgSync!!!
1. How do I upload my profile picture?
2. At the top, you will see a tab that has the following:
Go to > Manage Account
3. Update profile information and profile picture
4. You will also see a privacy setting. Click on it and you can hide your email address and phone number from general users seeing that information.
All the features on how to use this software can be located on the left side of the screen.
1. Click the People tab on the left side to see friends, peers or colleagues that are interested in volunteering.
1. Click Communication tab on the left side and see ‘Discussion, News, Poll’
2. By clicking Discussion, you can create a topic to discuss related to volunteerism, community engagement, service learning.
3. By clicking on News, you can post articles related to volunteering for others to see and comment. You can also send it as an email or upload an image related to the volunteer event. Please specify which group you want to see this article.
4. By clicking on Messaging, you can send an email out to everyone or selected groups.
1. Click Calendar tab side and view all upcoming events
2. Click specific event to see details (location, description, time, ‘map it’ will give you map quest directions, comments on a specific event, etc.)
3. RSVP to events by marking yourself as ‘Attending’, ‘Maybe Attending’, or ‘Not Attending’ on the Event’s Detail page
Create a New Event:
1. Click Events tab on the left side and view all upcoming events
2. Click specific event to see details (location, description, time, ‘map it’ will give you map quest directions, comment on a specific event, etc.)
3. RSVP to events by marking yourself as ‘Attending’, ‘Maybe Attending’, or ‘Not Attending’
4. Share event into your UNC Charlotte outlook account by click ‘Add into Outlook’ at the bottom of the page.
5. Invite other friends to events by clicking ‘INVITE’ in the top right corner (Note: They must be registered with OrgSync)
Timesheets (tracking volunteer hours):
1. Under the Events tab on the left side, you will see Timesheets
2. Fill out necessary information about previous volunteer event (agency, category, description, hours, etc.) and make sure you enter a reference name, email address and phone. An email with a link will automatically be sent to the reference contact person and they will verify your volunteer participation.
3. Click Add at the bottom of the page and your hours will stand as pending until the reference person approves your hours.
Note: By completing the timesheet, this is a great way to track your volunteer hours over your college career and also looks very good on your resume for graduate school or employment.
1. Click Files tab on the left side and view all necessary documents.
2. Click specific folders to find specific information about projects, articles, etc.
1. Click Forms tab on the left side and complete evaluation (10 questions) about volunteer project.
2. Click ‘Fill Out’ and let us know your thoughts about a specific project
3. You are required to fill out the question that asks: What type of service did you do? How did your service benefit the community for whom you worked? If you fail to complete this question, you will not be able to complete the rest of the survey. Note: Please don’t create two paragraphs when answering this question as it will not let you proceed through the survey.
1. Click Photos tab on the left side and view photos from previous volunteer events.
2. Comment on photos and tag photos of yourself or someone else that you know.
1. This is forthcoming!
For more information on how to use this software, please contact Sean Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sean Langley |Assistant Director for Off Campus and Volunteer Outreach
UNC Charlotte|Dean of Students Office
9201 University City Blvd.|Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-0361|Fax: 704-687-2616
email@example.com| * new website: volunteer.uncc.edu